Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL December programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our December newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Library Substitute! The Upper Skagit Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Library Substitute. This person will fill in for regular staff when needed. This position requires computer and customer service skills. See the attached full job description, and download an application here. Deadline: 24 January, 2015.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday January 3rd, 11-11:45am we will be reading about "Eagles".
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns beginning December 5th. Every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 10am to 11am. 30 to 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Food & Book Drive! USL is having a Winter Food and Book Drive through December. The library is now collecting non-perishable food plus kids and teen books for the Concrete and The Bread of Life (Marblemount) Food Banks. Along with picking up food at the banks, folks can also browse through books for the youngsters during this holiday season. Gently used kids and teen books are appreciated. We will deliver items on Dec 16th and Dec 30th or 31st.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays December 13th and 27th, 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- December 18th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- December 24th, library will close at 3pm on Christmas Eve.
- New Library Hours! Library will be switching to new library hours starting January 2nd. Tue-Wed 10am-7pm, Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-3pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.