Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Upper Skagit Complex Fires! Up to date information and maps are available here. Also news and updates can be found on InciWeb and Skagit Breaking Website and Facebook.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday September 5th, 11-11:45am the topic is "Time To Get Dressed!"
- Annexation! Concrete Town Council has initiated the process of annexation into the Upper Skagit Library District. The issue will appear before Concrete voters on the general election ballot in November of 2015. Q&A available here.
- Marblemount Market! Marblemount Market on September 13th has been CANCELED due to Upper Skagit Complex Fires.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- September 10th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.