Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday October 3rd, 11-11:45am the topic is "I Don't Like Carrots!"
- USLD Fundraiser! Upper Skagit Library Foundation Fundraiser: Nicola Pearson Reading & Book Signing: Saturday October 3, 3:30 – 4:30. Award winning and local author, Nicola Pearson, will read from her newest mysteries, The Case of the Barking Dog and The Man in the Mud Room. Join us as she explains her writing process, ask her questions at our Q&A, and bring home personally inscribed copies of her books. All proceeds go directly to the Upper Skagit Library Foundation’s New Library Building Project. Help us build room to grow. Visit the Foundation’s website to learn more about our venture and how you can help us build a new library, UpperSkagitLibraryFoundation.org. Free event. For questions, contact us 360.853.7939. View event poster here.
- Skagit Reads! Skagit Reads is a project that brings readers from across the county together to discuss and engage with one book. For Fall 2015, we are reading Joshua Davis’ book Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Students, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream. Visit your library to get the book. Save the date: October 22nd at 6pm, for a book discussion at the library followed by a movie showing at the Concrete Theatre. Download a Reader’s Guide here.
- Annexation! Concrete Town Council has initiated the process of annexation into the Upper Skagit Library District. The issue will appear before Concrete voters on the general election ballot in November of 2015. Q&A available here.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- October 8th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.