Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Library Newsletter! Follow the link to check out our September newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address. Receive updates on our new arrivals, community programs, and more. Enjoy our updates each month and thank you for supporting us!
- Bicycle Winner! Congratulations to Samara Bettikofer! She was the lucky winner of a brand new bike awarded during our Ice Cream Party. For meeting our reading challenge her name was entered into our bike raffle. We also gave away Beats headphones for our teen prize. Bike provided by Friends of Skagit Libraries.
- Library Board of Trustees! We are currently searching for a person to serve on the Upper Skagit Library Board. Are you interested in helping your library meet the challenges and explore the possibilities of service to the Upper Skagit community? We are currently looking for someone with strong leadership skills, a love of libraries and some expertise in technology and finance to serve on our Library Board. This is a volunteer position. If you are interested please send a letter or email explaining why you would like to be on the Board and what qualifications you would bring to the position. Send it to: Upper Skagit Library District, Attention: Library Board, PO Box 99, Concrete WA 98237. Library Director email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marblemount Market! Upper Skagit Library will have a table at the market June through September, 2nd Sundays of the month, 12-4pm. Bring your library card with you to the Marblemount Market and look for the library’s table. Browse the books we bring or special request the books you’d like and we’ll bring them with us to the market! If you check out a book at the Market, we’ll extend the due date an additional week so you can return the book to the Market as well. If you don’t have a library card, fill out an application form and we can mail the card to you.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- September 18th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- September 25th, 4pm Dream Library Committee, at the Library.
- Legos! The Upper Skagit Library will be continuing its popular Legos at the Library program on September 26th, starting at 3:00pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.