Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday March 5th, 11-11:45am the topic is "Books!"
- Valentine’s Open Studio! Visit the library February 9-13 anytime during open hours and make a hand-made card for your sweetheart! Open to all ages. We provide the card-making materials, you provide the love.
- Frozen in Concrete! Saturday March 5th, 2016, 1-3 pm, Concrete Theatre. Attention Families: A “FROZEN” themed library benefit gala is coming to Concrete! Spend an afternoon with the real-life author of the most beloved companion books to “FROZEN,” Barbara Jean Hicks, as she reads from her books. Purchase personalized autographed copies of Ms. Hicks' books. Sing and dance with Anna and Elsa as they come to life with performers from Emerald Kingdom Parties. Dress up as your favorite character and have your photo taken with Anna and Elsa. Refreshments and cupcakes provided. Raffle and door prizes. Proceeds to benefit a new library building for the Upper Skagit Library District. Tickets $20 per person. Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Buy tickets at FrozenInConcrete.BrownPaperTickets.com. Sponsored by Upper Skagit Library Foundation, Concrete Theatre, 5b's Bakery, and Upper Skagit Library. View poster here. Contact info: UpperSkagitLibraryFoundation@gmail.com, UpperSkagitLibraryFoundation.org, 360-853-7939.
- Library Survey! Thank you for participating in this survey! Your responses will help shape our future services and you’ll be entered to win great raffle prizes. Return a complete survey to the library by February 27th to be entered to win a 7" Kindle Fire (x2) or a Gift Card to a local business (x5).
- Library Card Art Design Contest! Calling all artists (of all ages) to share what their library and reading means to them. The USL is holding an art contest for the design of a new library card. Library staff will select three finalists; the public will then vote for their favorite. The winning design will be featured on the official library card of the USLD! Submit your entry by February 29th. Public voting will be held March 1-31st, and winner will be announced on April 2nd.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. Call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library for more information on this month’s craft. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- February 11th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.