Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Winter Book Bingo Adult Reading Program! This winter play Book Bingo - read great books and win cool prizes. Read from specific categories on your bingo card to get a bingo or blackout. Then enter to win a Grand Prize Amazon Gift Card or Book and DVD combo. Anyone with a library card can participate. Residents living in the Concrete School District may get a card for free. Book Bingo begins January 1 and ends March 31. Pick up a Book Bingo Card at the library or download the PDF from our website here.
- Teen Non-Fiction Reading Challenge! Read one book from at least 5 Dewey Decimal categories before March 31st and be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card (2 prizes will be awarded)! Pick up a reading challenge form at the library or download the PDF from our website here. For ages 12-19.
- Young Authors Event! The Upper Skagit Library will partner with the Concrete School District and their Young Authors Program by hosting a Young Authors reading event at the library on March 25th, 3:30-5pm. The public is invited to celebrate the hard work and creativity of our local Young Authors and the books they created. During the event the library will accept the books into the Library’s collection. Refreshments provided.
- Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. First and Third Saturday of the month, January through May, at 11am.
- USLF Annual Members’ Meeting! The Annual Members’ Meeting of the Upper Skagit Library Foundation will be held Sunday March 19th, 2017 at 1pm in the Concrete Theatre. Special guest, poet and performer, Judith Adams, will present “A Fierce Language: Falling in Love with Poetry.” Judith will show how poetry can radically enhance, change, and even save our lives. The meeting will include announcements and a brief business meeting before Judith’s presentation. Judith’s CDs and books will be for sale. The event is free and open to the public. Co-sponsors of the event are USLF, Concrete Theatre, and USLD.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. This month’s craft on April 7th is Decoupage. Items needed: large cardboard letter, photographs (personal or magazine). For more information call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! The Library Tutor Program is now Wednesdays and Fridays from 10-11am. Library staff can help improve your computer and mobile device skills, and assist with resumes, cover letters, and job applications. By appointment only. Call the library or visit us to schedule your next tutor appointment.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- April 13th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.