Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday November 7th, 11-11:45am the topic is "Sasquatch!"
- Thanksgiving! Library will be closed on Friday November 27th in observance of Thanksgiving.
- Annexation! Library Annexation has passed. Stop by and get your brand new library card and meet our fantastic staff. Come say hi and check out our array of services. We are happy to welcome you into our library district.
- Upper Skagit Writes! For the month of November, the Upper Skagit Library District presents Upper Skagit Writes. Beginning November 1st, we challenge the public to write self-directed every day for 30 days in any genre or writing style. The goal is to inspire creativity and engage people of all ages in the practice of daily writing and reflection. All skill levels are encouraged to participate. Throughout the month participants will be able to reflect on their writing during a Writer’s-in-Progress Meeting and share their work with others during an Open Mic event. View the Program Guidelines here or pick up hard copies at the library. View the poster here. Questions? Contact Cora, email@example.com, 360-853-7939.
- Great News! The Upper Skagit Library has reciprocal borrowing privileges with the newly formed Central Skagit Library (CSL). CSL is currently located in Sedro-Woolley at 100 W. State St. It’s open Monday through Friday 10am-6pm. The library has books, movies, and public Wi-Fi at their physical location, as well as some great digital offerings accessible from their website. Digital services include access to a large collection of eBook, audiobooks, magazines, comics, movies, TV shows and music. To go apply for a card at CSL, you will need your Upper Skagit Library card and you will need to pick up a special sticker at our library.
- 2nd Annual Winter Food & Book Drive! Nov. 14 through Dec. 15 the library will accept nonperishable unexpired food items and gently used children’s/teen books. Drop off items at the library during open hours. The items will be donated to the Concrete and Marblemount Food Banks in time for the Christmas holiday. Make a difference in the lives of families this holiday season.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar & Ukulele Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your instrument.
- December 10th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.