Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Summer Reading Program! "Fizz, Boom, READ!" summer reading program continues. Sign up for Summer Reading anytime during the summer. Read 800 minutes and submit your log by August 1st to be entered into a drawing for a bike. Submit your reading log by August 29th to earn a paperback book. For more information visit the summer reading page or download the summer reading calendar.
- Mary Cronk Farrell! On Wednesday, July 2nd, from 1:00-1:45, join us at the Senior Center (not the library), for a compelling program about PURE GRIT: How American World War II Nurses Survived Battle and Prison Camp in the Pacific. The author, Mary Cronk Farrell, will present. This program is open to the public and free of charge.
- Concrete Youth Activity Day! A free day for youth and families to enjoy a free T-shirt, a skateboard competition, field games, hands-on activities, live music, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and drinks, connection with resource providers, prizes, and an outdoor family movie. Will be held at Silo Park on July 10th, 12:30-4:30pm.
- Pacific Science Center! Interactive science show presents scientific knowledge in a compelling, show stopping fun presentation. Audience participation and giant props make science pop with excitement! Will be held at the Concrete Center on July 16th, 4-5:30pm.
- Marblemount Market! Upper Skagit Library will have a table at the market June 8th through September, 2nd Sundays of the month, 12-4pm. Bring your library card with you to the Marblemount Market and look for the library’s table. Browse the books we bring or special request the books you’d like and we’ll bring them with us to the market! If you check out a book at the Market, we’ll extend the due date an additional week so you can return the book to the Market as well. If you don’t have a library card, fill out an application form and we can mail the card to you.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- July 17th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Marblemount Community Hall.
- Lego Challenge! The Upper Skagit Library will be continuing its popular Legos at the Library program on July 25th, starting at 3:00pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.