Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Children’s Author Reading! On January 21st at 3:30pm – Karen Smith will be reading from her new children’s book, "My Name is Twirp," a collaborative book project to benefit the library with playful illustrations by local artist, Don Smith. Bring the family to meet the author and illustrator. Buy a book and get it signed by Karen and Don. Part of the proceeds will benefit the Upper Skagit Library.
- Winter Book Bingo Adult Reading Program! This winter play Book Bingo - read great books and win cool prizes. Read from specific categories on your bingo card to get a bingo or blackout. Then enter to win a Grand Prize Amazon Gift Card or Book and DVD combo. Anyone with a library card can participate. Residents living in the Concrete School District may get a card for free. Book Bingo begins January 1 and ends March 31. Pick up a Book Bingo Card at the library or download the PDF from our website here.
- Teen Non-Fiction Reading Challenge! Read one book from at least 5 Dewey Decimal categories before March 31st and be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card (2 prizes will be awarded)! Pick up a reading challenge form at the library or download the PDF from our website here. For ages 12-19.
- Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. First and Third Saturday of the month, January through May, at 11am.
- Eaglet Craft! Visiting Concrete for the Skagit Eagle Festival? Drop-In Little Eaglet Craft at the Upper Skagit Library. Drop by the Upper Skagit Library and do an eagle-themed craft. Every Saturday in January, 10-3pm. For kids of all ages. Free.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- February 9th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.