Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL May programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our May newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Wi-Fi! We now have FREE WIFI internet service at the Marblemount Community Hall for all to use. No password. Simply park in the parking lot and you'll be able to connect to "Upper Skagit Library District."
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday May 2nd, 11-11:45am the topic is "Barnyard Banter!".
- Small Business Workshop! Are you interested in starting your own business? To celebrate Small Business Week during the first week of May, we will sponsor a free workshop entitled, “So You Want to Start A Small Business,” facilitated by James McCafferty from the Economic Development Association of Skagit County (EDASC). May 7th, 6-7pm at the Library. Free and open to the public.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 10am to 11am. 30 to 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- May 14th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.