Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL September programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our September newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Town Hall Forum! The Concrete Town Council will host a community forum to be held at Town Hall in Concrete on Wednesday September 17th from 7pm to 9pm. The purpose of this forum is to inform the community and public regarding the possibility of the Town of Concrete annexing into the county library district. Here you will be able to voice your thoughts and pose questions surrounding this issue. Please attend if you can, we appreciate your support in discussing this crucial library service for the town.
- Skagit Reads 2014! This October please join readers from across Skagit County for Skagit Reads 2014! We will come together as a county to read and discuss Mark Winne’s book “Closing the Food Gap: Resetting the Table in the Land of Plenty.” Visit our library to get a free copy of the book. “Closing the Food Gap” discusses the issues of hunger, food insecurity, and nutrition within the United States and examines the diverse community-based initiatives that have sought to address these problems. We will be hosting a number of events and discussions throughout October. Check back for more details!
- T’ai Chi Chih® Course! Learn the 19 gentle movements and 1 pose, called T’ai Chi Chih®, that make up this moving meditation that stimulates, circulates and balances the vital energy within us known as Chi. Laurie Thomas, Accredited T’ai Chi Chih® Teacher and Library Board member, is offering this 8 week course as a Fundraiser for the Library’s New Building. For more information is available here.
- New School Year! As the cool breeze ushers in the beginning of another school year we invite kids, teens, and parents/guardians to visit the library for the month of September to explore our space and learn more about our long list of services. Stop by and add a free pencil and bookmark to your school supplies! For the entire school year, we hope you use the library and staff as one of your valued resources.
- Library Board of Trustees! We are currently searching for a person to serve on the Upper Skagit Library Board. Are you interested in helping your library meet the challenges and explore the possibilities of service to the Upper Skagit community? We are currently looking for someone with strong leadership skills, a love of libraries and some expertise in technology and finance to serve on our Library Board. This is a volunteer position. If you are interested please send a letter or email explaining why you would like to be on the Board and what qualifications you would bring to the position. Send it to: Upper Skagit Library District, Attention: Library Board, PO Box 99, Concrete WA 98237. Library Director email: email@example.com
- Marblemount Market! Upper Skagit Library will have a table at the market Sundays September 14th, 12-4pm. Bring your library card with you to the Marblemount Market and look for the library’s table. Browse the books we bring or special request the books you’d like and we’ll bring them with us to the market! If you check out a book at the Market, we’ll extend the due date an additional week so you can return the book to the Market as well. If you don’t have a library card, fill out an application form and we can mail the card to you.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- September 18th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- September 25th, 4pm Dream Library Committee, at the Library.
- Legos! The Upper Skagit Library will be continuing its popular Legos at the Library program on September 26th, starting at 3:00pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.