Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL January programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our January newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- 10 Year Anniversary! Thank you for celebrating 10 Years with us! We had a packed house on Saturday, 130 people attended our party. We thank all of our supporters who turned out as we look to an exciting future ahead in building our new home. Lots of great food by 5b's Bakery, Annie's Pizza, and Albert's Red Apple. We would like to thank these local businesses and Concrete Theatre who donated movie tickets.
- Board Game Night! For all you game lovers out there, grab a friend and come on down to 5b's Bakery every Friday through February for BOARD GAME NIGHT. 5pm to 8pm. Sponsored by the Upper Skagit Library and 5b's. The first Friday of the month is Team Trivia day! Open to all ages. Get your game on!
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday February 7th, 11-11:45am we will be reading about "Bears".
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns beginning December 5th. Every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 10am to 11am. 30 to 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- February 12th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.