Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Food & Book Drive! The Upper Skagit Library will host its third annual Food and Children's Book Drive to benefit local food banks. Beginning November 29th drop off non-perishable, non-expired food items and gently used children's books during library open hours. December 31st will be the last day to donate. Food and books will be delivered to the Concrete and Marblemount Food Banks mid-December in time for Christmas and New Year's. Give this holiday season and make a difference in local families’ lives. View poster here.
- Holiday Guessing Jar! Stop by the library in December and make your best guess of how many thingamajigs are in the magic jar. The person to make the closest guess will win the novel, Twelve Days of Christmas, by Debbie Macomber! Last day to make a guess is the end of the day on December 21st.
- Christmas! Library will be closed on Saturday, December 24th in observance of Christmas.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. Call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library for more information on this month’s craft. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- December 8th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.